Zucchini and rice cheesy slice
Food group servings per portion:
Dairy: 1 ¼
Lean meat/alternatives: 1
3/4 cup uncooked basmati rice
3 cups water
1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
2 zucchinis, grated (excess water removed)
1 brown onion, grated
200g reduced salt cooked ham, shredded
½ cup reduced fat tasty cheese, grated
1 cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons dried mixed herbs
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 teaspoon cracked pepper
5 eggs, whisked
400g canned corn kernels, drained
4 cups mixed salad, to serve
Crusty bread, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Place rice and water in the Microsafe® Rice Cooker & Vegetable Steamer and cook in the microwave without the lid for about 15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked. Once cooked place the lid on top of the Rice Cooker, with the lid vent open, and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
3. Once rice has cooled, combine all the remaining ingredients in the Rice Cooker and mix well to combine.
4. Pour into a 3L Thermostone® dish and bake uncovered in the oven for 1 hour, or until cooked through and golden brown on top.
5. Slice and serve hot with salad and crusty bread on the side.
- Make extra to enjoy cold in school lunches the next day!
- To store leftovers in fridge or freezer, apply the Thermostone® lid for a leak-proof and airtight seal. To reheat leftovers later in the microwave pop open the lid steam release vent button and microwave reheat.