Spinach and ricotta cannelloni
Food group servings per portion:
Vegetables: 3 ½
Lean meat/alternatives: 1
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
½ long red chilli, deseeded and diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
650g jar passata
2 tablespoons chopped basil
400g can crushed tomatoes
400g baby spinach
400g reduced fat ricotta cheese
100g reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
4 fresh lasagne sheets, halved
½ cup parmesan cheese
Mixed salad and crusty bread, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, chilli and garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring often.
3. Add the passata, basil and crushed tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for a further 5 minutes, then remove from heat. Set sauce aside for later use.
4. Meanwhile, add the spinach to a Microsafe® Rice Cooker & Vegetable Steamer and cook with the lid off in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds or until just wilted.
5. Add the ricotta, feta and pine nuts to the spinach mixture in the Rice Cooker and season with pepper. Mix well to combine.
6. To make the cannelloni, place 1 halved lasagne sheet on a clean surface and spoon ½ cup of the spinach mixture along the sheet. Roll into a tube. Repeat with remaining mixture and lasagne sheets.
7. Pour ¾ of a cup of the prepared sauce into a 3L Thermostone® dish to cover the base, and then place the cannelloni in the dish side by side. Top with the remaining prepared sauce and parmesan cheese, and then bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until golden.
8. Divide the cannelloni among 4 plates. Top with rocket and serve with a mixed salad and crusty bread on the side.
Tip: To store leftovers in fridge or freezer, apply the Thermostone® lid for a leak-proof and airtight seal. To reheat leftovers later in the microwave pop open the lid steam release vent button and microwave reheat.