Risotto with pumpkin, feta and roast chicken
Food group servings per portion:
Lean meat/alternatives: 1 ½
Grains: 1 ½
600g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut to 2cm cubes
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 small red onion, finely diced
¼ cup cold water
1.5 cups Arborio rice
1.2L reduced salt chicken stock
1/3 cup pine nuts
350g cooked deli roast chicken (skin removed), shredded
80g baby spinach leaves, to garnish
½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
½ fresh lemon, zest (optional)
120g reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
3 cups mixed leaf salad, to serve
1. Place pumpkin, garlic, red onion and water in the Microsafe® Rice Cooker & Vegetable Steamer and cook in the microwave without the lid for about 6 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender.
2. Add rice and 1L of the chicken stock to the Rice Cooker and microwave according to the Rice Cooker instructions without the lid for about 16 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed by the rice.
3. Add the remaining chicken stock, pine nuts and chicken and microwave for a further 2 minutes with the lid off.
4. Remove the Rice Cooker from the microwave, and put the lid on with the lid steam release vent open. Leave to rest for a further 2 minutes.
5. Stir through spinach, parmesan, lemon zest and 100g of the feta cheese.
6. Divide among four bowls and top with the remaining feta cheese. Serve hot with mixed salad on the side.
Tip: To store leftovers in the fridge or freezer use a Microsafe® container. To enjoy later simply pop open the lid steam release vent and microwave reheat.