Moroccan pumpkin soup
Food group servings per portion:
Vegetables: 4 ½
Lean meat/alternatives: ¼
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
2 carrots, chopped
1kg Kent pumpkin, skin removed, cut into 3cm cubes
1L vegetable stock, salt reduced
400g can chickpeas, rinsed
½ bunch coriander, chopped to serve
1 cup reduced fat Greek yoghurt, to serve
Sourdough bread, to serve
1. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large heavy based pan. Add onion, garlic, coriander, cumin and chilli powder, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add carrot, pumpkin and vegetable stock. Stir well to combine and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Once cooled, blend the mixture to a smooth consistency.
5. Return the soup to heat and bring to a boil.
6. Divide among 4 bowls. Top with coriander and Greek yoghurt. Serve hot with crusty bread.
Tip: Store in the Microsafe® Soup Mug for a convenient on-the-go lunch. To enjoy later simply pop open the lid steam release vent and microwave reheat.