Mexican rice bowl with yoghurt guacamole
Food group servings per portion:
Vegetables: 2 ½
Lean meat/alternatives: ¾
Grains: 1 ½
1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely diced
1 red capsicum, roughly diced
1 red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon water
1 cup basmati rice
500ml reduced salt vegetable stock
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoon ground paprika
1 teaspoon dried chilli powder
½ cup fresh coriander chopped
400g can crushed tomatoes
400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 fresh tomato, roughly diced
2 spring onions, chopped
Juice of 1 fresh lime
1 avocado, mashed
200g reduced fat Greek yoghurt
1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
1. Place the chilli, capsicum, onion, garlic and water in a Microsafe® Rice Cooker & Vegetable Steamer and cook in the microwave for 1 minute with the lid off.
2. Add rice, vegetable stock, cumin, paprika and chilli powder and mix well. Microwave according to the Rice Cooker instructions with lid off for about 15 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
3. Meanwhile, make the guacamole in a small bowl by combining the lime juice, avocado, Greek yoghurt and 1 tablespoon of the coriander. Mix well and set aside.
4. In the Rice Cooker, add crushed tomatoes, beans and the fresh tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes with the lid on and the lids steam release vent button open.
5. In the Rice Cooker, stir through the remaining coriander and spring onion. Divide among 4 bowls to serve and top with the guacamole.
Tip: To store leftovers in the fridge or freezer use a Microsafe® container. To enjoy later simply pop open the lid steam release vent and microwave reheat.