Hot smoked salmon pasta
Food group servings per portion:
Vegetables: 3 ½
Lean meat/alternatives: 1
150g dried fettucine
2 cups cold water
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 long red chilli, seeds removed, diced
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
2 bunch asparagus, roughly chopped
2 bunches broccolini, chopped
400g hot smoked salmon fillets, flaked
Juice and zest of 1 fresh lemon
2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
½ cup reduced fat smooth ricotta cheese
80g baby spinach
1. Place the fettucine and water in the Microsafe® Pasta Cooker and cook according to the Pasta Cooker instructions for about 15 minutes, or until al dente. While the pasta is cooking prepare the rest of the ingredients.
2. In a medium frying pan, sauté the olive oil, onion, garlic and chilli for 2 minutes, until the onion is soft and fragrant.
3. Add mushrooms, asparagus and broccolini and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
4. Once the pasta has cooked drain away the excess water and combine with the sautéed vegetables, salmon, lemon juice, zest, dill, ricotta and spinach. Divide among 4 plates and serve.
- To store leftovers in the fridge or freezer use a Microsafe® container. To enjoy later simply pop open the lid steam release vent and microwave reheat.
- Replace salmon with 400g of cooked tuna or chicken
- Try wholemeal pasta for extra goodness