Chicken, broccoli and pesto pasta
Food group servings per portion:
Vegetables: 2 ½
Lean meat/alternatives: 1
2 bunches broccoli, chopped
6.5 cups of cold water
2 cups dried penne (try wholemeal pasta for extra goodness)
300g cooked deli roast chicken, shredded
40g shaved parmesan
1 tablespoon garlic infused oil (optional)
2 tablespoon pine nuts
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
Mixed salad, to serve
1. Place broccoli and 2 cups of water in the Microsafe® Rice Cooker & Vegetable Steamer, and cook in the microwave uncovered without lid for about 8 minutes, or until tender. Once cooked leave to stand for 2 minutes, then drain and set aside.
2. Place the penne into the Microsafe® Pasta Cooker and cook with water according to the Pasta Cooker instructions for about 15 minutes, or until al dente, then drain.
3. Combine the cooked pasta and all other remaining ingredients with the cooked broccoli in the Rice Cooker & Vegetable Steamer and mix well to combine.
4. Divide among 4 bowls, and serve with mixed salad on the side.
- To store leftovers in the fridge or freezer use a Microsafe® container. To enjoy later simply pop open the lid steam release vent and microwave reheat.
- This recipe makes a great pasta salad for lunch the next day