Caesar salad with feta croutes, charred tomatoes & black olives
4 rashers bacon
¼ cup aioli
2 anchovies, finely chopped
¼ bunch chives, snipped
1 head baby cos, quartered
2 tbsp black olives, finely chopped
1 tbsp marinated feta
1 tbsp pizza sauce
4 rye croutes
8 baby tomatoes
¼ red onion, finely sliced
1 tbsp shaved Parmesan
herb oil and micro herbs, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Grill the tomatoes until lightly blackened
2. Fill the base of the Microsafe® Steam Egg Poacher with boiling water up to the line. Sprinkle the inside of two cups with oil, then crack an egg into each. Add boiling water up to the line, then fit the lid and microwave on high power for 2 ½ minutes. Set aside for 2 minutes. Crumble the yolk and press the white through a sieve.
3. Arrange the bacon in the Microsafe® Bacon Cooker and microwave on full power for 4 minutes, with lid on, until crisp. Stand for 2 minutes, then chop finely.
4. Mix the aioli, anchovies, chives and egg white, then spread on plates. Arrange a cos piece alongside, then top with bacon, olives and egg yolk.
5. Mix the feta and tomato paste until smooth, then spread onto croutes. Arrange on plates.
6. Arrange grilled tomatoes on plate. Garnish with red onion, Parmesan, herb oil and micro herbs.