Tuna, pumpkin and broccoli pasta bake
Food group servings per portion:
Vegetables: 2 ½
Lean meat/alternatives: 1
Grains: 2 ½
250g dried spiral pasta
3 ¼ cups water
400g butternut pumpkin cut to 2cm cubes
½ brown onion, grated
2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
200g can creamed corn
250g smooth ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon ground chilli
2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
400g can corn kernels, drained
425g tinned tuna in oil, drained and flaked
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Place pasta in the Microsafe® Pasta Cooker and cover with 3 cups of water. Cook with the lid off according to the Pasta Cooker instructions for about 17 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Replace Pasta Cooker lid and drain the pasta, set aside.
3. Place the pumpkin, onion, broccoli and ¼ cup of water in the Microsafe® Rice Cooker & Vegetable Steamer and cook in the microwave with lid on and steam release lid vent button open for about 5 minutes, or until al dente then drain away excess water and allow contents to cool.
4. Add the creamed corn, ricotta cheese, chilli, basil, corn and tuna to the Rice Cooker and combine well with the steamed vegetables.
5. Add the cooked pasta to the mixture and combine well.
6. Pour mixture into a 3L Thermoglass® dish and top with the parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake uncovered in the oven for 35 minutes or until cheese is crisp and golden.
7. Divide the pasta into 4 bowls, serve hot.
- To store leftovers in fridge or freezer, apply the Thermoglass® lid for a leak-proof and airtight seal. To reheat leftovers later in the microwave pop open the lid steam release vent button and microwave reheat.
- Try wholemeal pasta for extra goodness